We can all agree that having a community space in a centralized location, beats having an empty warehouse gathering dust.
But to get from this:
Takes a lot of this:
But we all should know this:
The Benefits of a Community Market
- It provides a local, community-centered venue for local artists of all mediums to display their talents and sell their work.
- It provides a local, community-centered venue for local craftspeople, local food vendors and local growers to sell their crafts and food.
- It benefits the local economy because the money you spend at these events gets recirculated into the local economy.
- It renovates the area by driving Social Integration, where people from all walks of life come together and form relationships.
- It provides the community at-large access to fresh, healthy, locally grown food.
Of course there are many more reasons for a community market but these are the ones that are close to my heart.
Rail Yards Market IndieGogo Campaign
Rail Yards Market is a grass-roots, non-profit effort relying solely on the time and money generously donated by our community. It is a community organization operating under the the fiscal sponsorship of a 516 ARTS, a certified 501(c)(3). Please contribute to this wonderful, community based initiative by clicking here.
Thank you for your support and please let me know why you believe a community market in Barelas, NM is important.
Alex Paramo is an Author and Co-Founder of Community Publishing. Community Publishing brings local artists of all mediums together in creative collaborations for distribution as multimedia eBooks while promoting literacy in our communities. #JoinOurCommunity