Another exciting Sunday quickly approaches and the Rail Yards Market will be chocked full of events, activities, performers, displays: to go along with plenty of tasty food and locally grown produce! Look out for some new food choices as well as your RYM favorites!
Events, Educational Activities & Entertainment
1. The Aerialist Collective will be performing their high-flying brand of theatrical acrobatics! “The Aerialist Collective is an open, inclusive group working to build a positive and supportive aerial circus community in the greater Albuquerque area.”
2. Eric Thelander is a New Mexico-based artist who will be featured in the Pop-Up Art Zone. His extensive knowledge of metal arts, includes: patination,welding, etching, and the use of explosive to create controlled bar relief in sheet metal. A great deal of this knowledge comes from a ten year apprenticeship with Governors award winning artist Evelyn Rosenberg. Most recently, Thelander has developed his own process for etching his own photographs into galvanized steel.
3. Old School is a hub of experts happily sharing their user-friendly skills to further the revolution of sustainable and frugal living. Until now, these awesome resources in Albuquerque have had a loose network of independent workshops and classes. Now, these experts and offerings are under one roof, making Old School the place to find the skills you want to learn. Check out sustainable living workshops and education at the Sustainability Zone in the Rail Yards Market this Sunday!
4. Zoltan Orkestar – Zoltan and his band of fortune telling gyspies will be performing on our Main Stage! Don’t miss their original brand of Jazz Gypsy and Western Swing.
5. “The Desert Darlings are a tribal belly dance troupe based out of Albuquerque, New Mexico. They specialize in Tribal Fusion, respectfully borrowing from traditional styles of belly dance, flamenco, and hip hop. Founded by two sisters in 2010, the troupe now consists of seven dancers with various dancing backgrounds.”
Of course we have more than 5 “must-sees” like:
– Artist/educator extraordinaire Stephanie Galloway and her Recycled Monsters in the Children’s Zone
– Kids Yoga with Stephanie Anne Landers at the Community Stage
– The music of Israel Berube, Joe Hay and New Mexico’s finest Poets will also grace our stages.
Don’t miss a minute of the fun, please click here for a complete including performance/activity times.
Alex Paramo is an Author and Co-Founder of Community Publishing. Community Publishing brings local artists of all mediums together in creative collaborations for distribution as multimedia eBooks while promoting literacy in our communities.
We are proud to be a community partner in the Rail Yards Market.
#JoinOurCommunity at http://communitypublishing.org